Local SEO Tips Service Area Businesses for 2021 | Vicinus.ai
With Covid-19 creating an ever-changing atmosphere for many businesses, it’s no wonder that local SEO is changing too.
Promoting your physical brick-and-mortar brands can be difficult without an understanding of Google’s ever-changing guidelines.
It is still as important as ever with a grand total of:
46% of all Google searches are looking for local information. Source: GoGulf
However, local SEO is available for the majority of business types. Take a look below at the best local SEO tips for 2021.
Local SEO for Service Area Business
For businesses that operate in a service area- instead of having several physical locations- can definitely use SEO to boost their sales.
Hiding Locations for SAB’s on GMB
To create an address for a SAB (Service Area Business) Google My Business profile, you will still need to provide an address. However, after this, you should hide the address when creating the listing.
For more information on how to do this, please visit here.
SAB Local SEO Tips
Below are some other things that SAB’s should know about optimising their local SEO efforts.
- Create local landing pages from your GMB listings. These usually give the highest page authority in search engines and even might be better from a UX perspective for your customers too.
- Create service menus in the GMB dashboard. This can help your customers narrow down your business from other competitors.
- Utilise Vicinus for your local SEO needs- follow the link here to learn more about what our hyperlocal marketing tool can do for your business.
Organic marketing for SABs
Focusing on organic optimisation for your website is a great way for SAB’s to get found online.
One of the best ways to do this is by focusing on your website as the hub of your business. By creating a strong internal link structure as well as consumer-centric content, you can grow your domain authority and get found much easier online!
SAB Landing Pages
For SAB businesses, you should create a landing page for service areas. These can be landing pages such as areas you have conducted business for each area you cover.
What to Avoid as a SAB Marketer
There are two main things which you should avoid when optimsing local SEO for SAB’s:
- Creating duplicate landing pages– this applies to geographic areas that overlap or even just landing pages that don’t have unique features or services associated with the different cities.
- Creating too many landing pages to get a SAB to rank over too large an area.
Basically, having a local SEO plan for your SAB means that you should be primarily focusing on the customer and their needs. This can be by adding structure to your website or even creating inbound links to your website.
Using Vicinus to help your SAB
The Vicinus platform features real-time management and creation of business listings across multiple platforms, insights into performance, building and monitoring online reputation and more.
For full local optimisation, Vicinus also assists in creating SEO-friendly location pages for each of your business locations.
For more information, please contact us below!